Friday, March 13, 2015

Fixing Footies

My Grace mentioned to me more then once that her toes were getting stuck in the holes of her footies while she slept and she woke up with hurting toes. I would nod, and we'd carry on with the day. A few days later she'd gently remind me.

Fast forward a few weeks, she gently puts them in my hands and says in her very big grown up voice "I'll give you over March break to get these fixed. Is that ok?"

I offered to do them that night!

After looking them over I realized they where worse then I thought. The material was shredded! No quick hand sew here.

I took pictures and text my mom. "What do I do? I want to fix the for her, she luvs them."

In all the upheaval of our lives right now, this was something I could do right.

She suggested zig zag but we decided they were beyond that. She suggested replacing the foot pad.

I picked soft green fabric I had and set to work.


She was so happy she didn't want to put them in the wash this morning.

No comments: