Wednesday, March 4, 2015

In the Thick of It - Raising 5

The day begins at 5:00 am. a swirl of baby tucking in with daddy, shower, oatmeal, waking 4, and off to get the bus. By 7:00 am, me and 5 are loading into the bus beginning the day. I'm so thankful its light outside now.

By 9:00 we are home. Guess what? Everyone is hungry! Snack and off to enjoy the snow. Mommy tidies and cleans and put cloths away, prepares lesson and calls wee ones in to get ready for gym.

11:00 am finds the house quiet as daddy piled them into the van leaving me and Sam home. I prep lunch, and lay down with Sam. My alarm goes off just before 12:00 pm so I can finish lunch and greet the others as they come in from gym.

1:00 pm. lunch is cleaned up and put away. Hugs and kisses as daddy heads off to work. Quietly kids set down to lessons, books, and coloring before we head off in the bus.

3:00 pm brings a yellow bus and laughter and joking of many children. Sam sleeps in his car seat, (nap time) and momma is lost in the focus of the bus...

5:00 pm we are unloading from the bus at home. Supper, showers for little ones, and pjs as we get ready for library story time.

7:15 pm brings us here. Our local library. Stories and songs, and games and books. We've made friends with our librarians after 4+ years, and they greet us happily every week.








Klara has begun refusing pictures. I'm so glad I was able to snag her in a few.

9:00 pm brings me quietly in front of the TV children tucked in and house tidy, waiting to do it all again tomorrow. 

Raising 5, one day at a time. 

No comments: