Friday, December 30, 2011

these moments

Often on Fridays I am inspired to do 'this moment' inspired by Amanda Soule from SouleMama. Well today I'm making my own 'these moments' because our week has been made up of moments. Moments I have lived in. I have chosen to revel in the moments that make up my kids days. The smiles, the teetering steps, the quiet moments they play together. I have hung up their carefully colored pictures on the fridge, and bribed Bryan to kiss me every night, although he says he's too big...

My heart has been plagued with sadness over the changes in my life I can't control. I won't say its easy or pretend it isn't there. I have days when it hangs heavy, and something small sets me off to tears. Sometimes its a touching blog post, a picture, or a long day and a short night.  But the choices I have made, this week, and past month, to live in the moment, to give the extra hug, to stop what I am doing, and help put on dolly's shirt, or build the lego house, have made the difference. I have these memories and moments treasured up and put away in my heart.

Christmas


look Klara!

footies in her size
my vintage deal. we named her Anne because she has red hair and green eyes like Anne of Green Gables

so happy with the homemade gift

Angelina made this for her momma. it adorns my desk now

sleeping in a cozy place through it all

'the gift' that one perfect gift. made me cry to see her joy


chowing down on some treats
Snow - long awaited


smiles :)

mitts bought in love

Today - leaving the smallest ones with Tata, me and the biggest girls went to see and enjoy a much luved gift from a very dear friend. Although plans got shifted slightly, my girls and I got dressed up, I pinned and netted ballet buns, and dabbed on a wee bit of makeup. Memories. On the smiles the clapping, and the dreams dancing in their eyes. 




The new year approaches. For us with the wee ones, it will be a evening with family, and then its a quiet night at home, making memories, and being together.  Sharing hopes, dreams for the new year, resolutions, and moving forward. Kisses at midnights, even for littles ones tucked into bed and sleeping. Yes, thats right. After midnight and before we go to bed, we slip into quiet rooms with night lights glowing, we smooth back soft curls, and kiss the plump cheeks and smooth foreheads of those wee babe's we luv so much.  New Years Day will take us to my mom and dads for new year wishes, and more memories to make.

How are you spending you New Years Eve?

1 comment:

Cathy S said...

Wonderful writing Kathryn, beautiful stories of your life you share <3 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your entire family from mine :)