Friday, December 23, 2011

Nana's Day and Being Versatile

Today is Nana's day. We got up early, rushing around,  eating on the run, packing clothes, potty, crock pot full of soup, and running out the door. Only to go back for my keys! But we made it out the door, the second time and headed over in an enjoyable ride. Talking and sharing with my children about random things and pulling in right on time.

A Christmas tree in the corner, platters of cookies and buns and pots of soups. Company, and laughter and lots of hugs and kisses is the tradition I remember growing up. I was so happy to include my children in this tradition, and that for them it will be part of the tradition of Christmas!

Happy Birthday Mom!!
Versatile Blogger Award

Kristyn awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm not sure I fit the criteria, but am happy to play along! She syas: "The premise behind the award is that the blogger who receives this award is invited to share seven things about themselves with their readers, and then pass on the award to 15 other bloggers." Of all the blogs I follow, I don't know anyone personal (other then Kristyn) so I have no one to pass it on to! But I will share 7 things about me!

1. Hubby and I bought Iphones about 6 weeks ago, and although I didn't want one to begin with, I stand in awe at how amazing it is, and I am slowly falling in luv with the thing!

2. Goran and I met on a blind date with a couple that knew each other already. The 2nd time I was with him I knew I could luv him and marry him and spend my life with him.

3. I suffer from chronic sinus problems. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but when I get worn down and over tired, my sinuses begin to ache and they make me even more exhausted. I use a neti pot, eat garlic, and drink lemon tea like crazy to overcome it. These remedies REALLY help.

4. I would like to live in a big old country home, and have farm animals, have a baby in the house, and raise our family there. I'm enjoying the house I have now, and the neighborhood, but I don't know if this is my forever home.

5. I would like to have an unassisted birth.

6. This Christmas is hard for me. Over the last year my circle of friends has changed drastically. Some have been my decision, and others have not. I have tried to reach out, with phone called and emails, and have had no or little response back. This Christmas is different and I am trying really hard to make new traditions, and move forward with a different circle, and my growing family, but there is a part of me that hurt over the losses. 

7. With this warm weather with fall and winter I have worn my Birkenstock's as long as possible. I wore them today!

7 randoms things :)

A few more pics that are on my favorits this week.

bob sleeping in and empty Christmas bag. luv u bob

she's was trying to walk and pull at the same time, but was having time with balance and pulling :)

perfect - hole in the stocking!

story time at the library last night. yes, in pj's!
3 more sleeps! I hope your week is going well!

No comments: