Monday, June 8, 2009

Potty Update for Bryan

I am pleasantly surprised! He is doing really well. He understands holding it, and as long as I tell him, "We are almost there, save the pee pee for the potty," or something similar, he will almost always hold it. He has had a few poop accidents in the last week, but tonight he pooped and then cried and walked around with his legs apart because he didn't like the way it felt. He is often waking up dry! The last 3 morning in a row, and several mornings last week. One night I thought we would try undies. Well he came to bed some time during the night (as he usually does) and I remember waking up feeling wet and yucky. Gross. I was covered in baby pee, and because of that, I was cold. I have been too afraid to try that again. If he wakes up dry for a week straight, I might try again. It seems to be that period of time between 10:00am and lunch that he has a pee accident. Almost every day. Maybe I'm not catching it...or he's avoiding me...I'm not sure. He has done so well in the last 2 weeks, I know he'll figure this out. So now that he can hold it, and wait for me to put him on, I am talking to him, and trying to get him to communicate his need to pee to me. Things like, "Do you need to pee?(if he nods) Oh, you do? Tell mommy, 'Pee pee mommy, pee pee,' Okay, lets go!" I'm not to worried. By this time next year he will have it all figured out, and be able to do it himself!

Now I'm just happy to be almost done diaper for awhile. Until we(I) decide its time for number 4...LOL! But not yet. I just want to enjoy this no diapers for now.

I just have to download my pics of the little man in his undies and I will post some. But right now I have to go change a wet underwear...go figure...LOL..

No comments: