Thursday, September 13, 2007

First day of Preschool


So off she went, with a smile on her face. I was missing one daycare child today, so the walk was quick. We got there, she turned to me, waved, and went through the door. Never looked back. So afterwards, like any mother, I asked her, "How was your morning? Did you have fun?"
"Yep," she said
"Well, did you do circle today?"
"Yep," she replied as we walked.
"What did you talk about?" I continued to probe her.
"I don't remember," she shrugged.
WHAT!!! I'm paying $10.00 a day for 'I don't remember?'
Ok, ok, lets try again.
"Did you talk about bumble bees?"
"No!" she laughed. "Leaves." Short and simple.
"Well, what do they do?"I asked.
"Fall off the trees," she giggled like little girls do. At this point we met her friends and she was off. So I didn't get much out off her. But then at lunch time, all she could talk about was the little girl she played with, and she didn't play with the boys, but Jemma and Payten weren't there. (They were friends in last years class.) And on and on....but nothing educational, it was just about friends ect. But then I guess that's why she's going. The social aspect of it all. I did mention to the teacher that she is missing JK, and could they work on her name with her. She said absolutely, and then asked, "And when are you due?"
"Uhh?"I actually had to stop and think a minute. First what is she talking about? Oh yes, the baby, and then, the date? Oh yes November 26th.

Honestly, I am so busy, I really don't have time to sit and think about Baby. I know he/she is there. Baby is moving and my belly is large, but really, I feel good. I'm up and down alot, and walking with the kids every day, my body feels great. And Baby is busy, but I feel more comfortable then when I was pregnant with both the girls.

That's really it for now. I will post next week after I see Sylvia. Have a great weekend.

No comments: