Tuesday, September 18, 2007

30 Weeks - The Home Stretch

I am 30 weeks today!!! 1/4 of the way to go!! Baby is definitely getting bigger, and stronger. My research tells me that at this point Baby is generally 3lbs, 12oz or more, and up to 16 - 17 inches in length from head to toe. The other night I was laying in bed, probing my tummy, and I could feel that little foot again. I called Goran over, and had him check it out too. He could definitely make out something as well, but he wondered if it was a knee. Honestly I don't know. Maybe Baby's head up and it was a little fist, punching at me telling me to leave him/her alone so they could get some sleep:)
I am still feeling good. Very busy! My days are calculated to the last minute with daycare and the extra kids, and I am very grateful to hit the pillow at night. The last few evenings on my walk I have feeling that extra pelvic pressure a bit stronger, and I've noticed that when I have to pee, I REALLY HAVE TO PEE! Goran and I have started practising some birthing positions so that when the time comes we both know where to stand/sit, and it feels natural and comfortable. It also helps us feel connected to each other and Baby. Getting up off the floor is getting to be a bit more challenging, after sitting with the kids, and running up the stairs by the 10th time of day is a bit exhausting. The skin on my tummy is REALLY starting to stretch as well. I can feel this, and is not very pleasant. But really all things that go with the territory, and nothing that I certainly can't handle.
My visit with the midwife went super. Baby is head down again!! Yeah! Blood pressure was fine, and my weight was good. Slow and steady gain. I have a goal weight in mind that I don't want to go over, but that is only 6lbs away. But I think as long as I watch what I eat and continue being active, I can do it!! It was sooo nice to see Sylvia!! I haven't seen her since my 13 week apt. so it was very nice to catch up, and 'visit' a bit. Because, really, with a midwife, that's what its like. We talked about if the baby does go breach, but I am still pretty determined to do it at home. I know it can be a very serious thing but because of the way Grace came out, my pelvis is well proven, and there is no doubt on my part or the midwives part that I could push out a breach baby. But it appears at this time, that Baby knows the way out, and is going to co-operate.

Grace is doing splendid with the potty! Really, she gets it, and tells me, and accidents can now we counted by the week instead of by the day. I had to buy her some 2 piece PJ's. All I had were some one piece ones that have a zipper or buttons, and she peed 2 mornings in row with those on. So I went and got 2 pieces and it stopped. I think it was a bit of a mental thing. I think she worried how she would get them off, and then just couldn't hold it. But, happily now the problem is solved. Although, she won't sit on the big toilet and I have to drag that potty with me everywhere I go, if I'm going to gone for more then 3 hours.....but I guess one thing at a time. Not to many 21 months old are really 'potty trained'.

Angelina continues to grow and change as well. Her growth is a little more suttal at this age, but non the less, I pick it up. Her imagination is really coming out. I can here this as she plays with her friends. We have this toy crocodile thing. Angelina pretends its a pet, and she lets the other children 'taking care of it'. She takes it for walks, and asks grown ups (mostly me, or other parents picking up) if they would like to 'pet it'. Funny kidz!!

Well thats really it for me. I will post again soon, with some pics of the growing little one, and the other 2 girls!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Hooray! You really are in the home stretch now - you can count it down by weeks instead of months :) Glad to hear that your app't with Sylvia was good - it must have been lovely to just reconnect with her. Will the rest of your appointments be with her? Every two weeks, now, right? How are the wool soakers coming?