Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's a Boy!!!

Not our baby...or not that I know of yet. One of my daycare moms(Karin) is expecting as well. She is due November 28, so 2 days after me! She has a little girl now, and I care for her full time (Makenzie). It is so nice for them, because they have Makenzie now, and then they will have a little boy to finish off the family. I asked Karin about names, but they haven't picked any yet. After her ultra sound she came in beaming from ear to ear!! I couldn't be happier for her.

It makes me VERY curious what we are having. I told Goran, Karin knew it was a little boy, and I suggested, "We could have the ultra sound to find out, its not to late, ya know." To which he replied, "No, its more exciting this way." And I agree, its just driving me crazy:) But this way, when I have the baby, it will make that day even more full of surprises. I think its a girl, and Goran says a boy. 21 more weeks and we find out for sure. We've picked out names for each, for a girl it will be Julia Suzanne, and a boy will be Noah James. Angelina and I have picked out some little outfits for the baby. We bought a little blue and green sleeper, and some blue socks for a boy if it happens to be so, and a little pink night gown with some pink socks to match, if it happens to be a girl. We have talked together and said that after the baby comes out she and I can get the baby dressed together. I want her to feel involved and enjoy the new baby. I know its hard for Grace to understand much yet because she is young, but we will also make sure to have a gift for each of the girls after the baby comes. A little something for each of them, from the new baby.

Following is a picture of Angelina and Grace with the "boy"outfit, and the "girl" outfit.


The midwife appointment went really well today. The baby's heart rate was 150, and she found it right away. My uterus is up a little bit. I'm 19 weeks today, so it should be 19 cm high, with in 2 cm give or take. Mine was 21.5cm. So, yes a bit high, but normal high. We discussed my placenta likely being at the front because I don't feel as much movement as I did with Grace. She agreed but, but for a different reason. She said when she was looking for the heart beat the baby kept moving away, likely having more room in the back then in the front.

I saw my 2nd midwife today. Her name is Pauline, and I actually had her for Graces birth. But the day of the birth she had off, and my 3rd ended up filling in for her. My three midwives are Sylvia, Pauline, and Lisa. Sylvia and Pauline are my 1st and 2nd and Lisa is my 3rd. The first two midwives are suppose to attend the baby's birth. If for what ever reason one can't come then the 3rd fills in for her. (like a weekend off, or they just happen to be at another birth) I had Sylvia for Graces birth, and she was wonderful! She supported me, and was totally awesome during the birth. I click really well with all my midwives, and I'm really excited about sharing my birth with them.

That's all for me. I'm tired, and I'm ready for a long sleep!!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Awesome! So glad to hear that everything went so well at the midwives :) Isn't that heartbeat the best sound? And I'm pretty curious, too, about if the baby is a boy or a girl....Oh, the anticipation! See you Friday :)