Saturday, July 7, 2007

Half Way There

Well, I am now half way there! 20 weeks done, and 20 weeks to go. I am really starting to feel Baby move now, mostly every day, a kick, a punch or a flip. I enjoy the movements and look forward to it during the day. I talk to Baby, trying to coax him/her to move, but its usually when I am busy and my tummy relaxed, "bump" I'll get a reminder of our growing baby. Grace has taken to saying "Hi Baby" every time my belly is exposed. She will even lift my shirt to get the words in:) Angelina is an old pro, and will rub my tummy, and even go as far as to kiss it. Sometimes to much for me, and I'll cover up, saying "All right, its not just Baby, Mommy's here too!" But despite that, I enjoy watching the girls and see how much each of them really understand at their different ages. I am truly enjoying my pregnancy. I love to watch and feel my body change as Baby grows. Sometimes I feel aquard, and whalish, but so many women never get this chance. It is a blessing. To carry life, give birth, and raise a child. One that I thank God for daily.



Goran has been extremely busy here around home getting the yard looking ship shape! The front flower bed has been done, and he's been busy in the back with a veggie garden, (fresh onions and radishes already!) planting grass, breaking up old cement blocks from something or other, putting gravel under the patio stones, moving dirt from one place to another...the list goes on! This weekend, with my dads help, he is planning to put a new roof on the shed, and make a trip to the dump. We are really hoping to get most of the yard repairs done this year, so next year we can just maintain and enjoy it.



Daycare is going really well! The new little guy is settling in wonderfully. Angelina at one time didn't want "her friends"(as I call them all) to come and play. But now when its the weekend she is sad that, "My friends aren't' coming to play!" Its funny how quickly they change their mind about what is a bad thing, suddenly being a really good thing. This week we are celebrating a birthday! One of the girls turns 3, so we will be sure to make her feel special that day! Speaking of birthdays, Grace has picked up the "Happy Birthday" song in the last 2 weeks because of a lot of birthdays in the extended family. In the last week she has begun to sing "Happy Birthday Daddy" in her play around the house. It is wonderful to hear her talking, and to know that she wants to talk because she is understanding that talking is a great way to communicate your thoughts and feelings to others. Even just in daily things, she will say "Thank-you" when we give her something or "Yes please" if I ask her if she wants something.



The week is yet to start, and the chore list gets longer and longer:) It keeps me out of trouble! Hope you can all manage to stay out of trouble, have a great week!!

No comments: