Thursday, July 12, 2007

An awsome deal!!

I got the most amazing deal the other day!!! Because this is our 3rd baby, there really isn't a whole lot we need. We have a bassinet, (actually 2) a crib, a change table, and clothes for a girl. I even have different carriers, a swing, and cloth diapers, so I won't need diapers! But as a woman and a mother I am trying to think when people ask me, "What do I need?" I've come up with a few things that I would like. I don't need them, but would like them. One of those things was a wooden highchair. I already have 2 plastic ones(don't forget I do home daycare)but they are such a pain in the butt! Food is always getting stuck in the bottom, and the cloth cover forever needs to be washed. I looked on line, and found a few, but was looking at $200.oo. After careful consideration, I had decided this investment was well worth it, and planned to buy one before Baby arrived. (It could be passed down to Baby when he/she has a family.) Well yesterday I was shopping at a second hand store, and what did I fall upon but a WOODEN HIGHCHAIR!! I tried not to get to excited. (I had found one before, and it wasn't much good.) So I went to check it out. It was nice and sturdy, the tray went on and off well. It was a bit dirty, but just surface stuff. How much was it? $14.99!! I just about fainted!! So, I took it home, washed it up, and I am so happy with it! Just about the best deal I have ever gotten. Below is a picture.





In the last week its like Baby has suddenly realized he/she has the ability and room to move. Everyday, and frequently through the day I can feel this little one dancing away. Its almost as if Baby can hear all the commotion out here, and just doesn't want to be left out! Whatever the reason I really enjoy feeling Baby move. A reminder that he/she is there and getting ready to make the "Grand Entrance". I think anyone who knows me knows that I am planning another home birth for Baby's grand entrance, right? I did this with Grace and loved it. Don't get me wrong. It was painful. But it was wonderful. It was in my own home, and I was surrounded by people I knew and trusted. People who knew what my goals were, and wanted to help me achieve them. The whole birth team supported me, and each of them helped me cope during labor in a different way.Goran and the midwives were right in there, massaging my back, and reminding me to breath. My mom was there taking care that everyone had what they needed and would give a shout out "Your doing great, Kathryn, you can do it."(She took some really great pics as well.) And my sister-in-law, Kristyn was there taking great care of Angelina so my mind was at peace about that. After the birth it was very peaceful, and I felt save. No doctors or nurses running in and out. No one checking on me, or asking to take the baby to be checked over. My midwives knew that I had a really hard time at the hospital when I had Angelina with the nurses taking her. They respected that and never took Grace out of my sight! And I knew that the best thing for Grace was an unmedicated labor and delivery. And I did it!
I am beginning to and continuing to prepare for the birth. I have begun exercising on the birthing ball. I know that labor is alot of physical work, so I am walking, and doing water fit to keep my body strong and healthy. The birthing ball also really helps as it makes me aware of how my body is growing and changing. It helps me to feel comfortable with the extra weight that pregnancy naturally brings on. I am also beginning to gather reading material to help me prepare mentally for the birth. So that when labor begins I can centre myself and concentrate on the task at hand.


I have taken on the notion of having some wool sokers made for Baby. (Something else I would like.) It is a knitted diaper cover you put over top of a cloth diaper. You need to use at least 70% wool, and it will absorb 40% of their weight. I have enlisted the help of my mom, and mother-in-law, (I have no idea what to do with knitting needles) and given plenty of time should have a 4-6 by the time Baby comes.


It is so much fun, planning for Baby, and getting things ready. I know I have 2 children already, but each one brings their own new joy and excitement. I luv to watch his/her own little personality blending in with the family and finding their own niche, as to where they belong in the family unit. Below is a picture to compare with a few others I have put up to see if there is any growth change. It certainly feels like it! We did it a bit different with the mirror reflection in it. You can also see the 2 girls in the background who are not going to be left out.








Well this is a long post. I will say good night, and take the girls out for my evening walk. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

That highchair totally rocks!!! I am so excited for you about that - amazing! You are the ultimate queen of second-hand deals :) I am so impressed by how much you are already thinking everything out and have all the details determined already - you are so prepared! Way to go :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Kathryn, and yes Mom will be theire to help with baby #3. and with the other 2 little ladies.
Love Mom