Thursday, June 21, 2007

Small Baby, Big Baby

Here is our little miracle at my 8 week ultra sound. You can't see to much, but the blob closer to the bottom is Baby's head, and the top is Baby's feet. Baby appears very small and was at the time. At 18 weeks Baby is in the middle of a 3 week growth spurt, where he/she is adding an additional 3 inches to its length, which makes a grand total of about 6+ inches. So now Baby is getting quit big. No matter how many babies I have I love finding out each week what Baby is doing and how big he/she is getting. From what I've read on line, pregnancy websites say that I should be able to feel my uterus about 1/2 between my belly button and my pubic bone. I can feel mine just OVER my belly button. Reasons for a high uterus would be, later dates, or twins. I know neither on these are the case for me because I had a dating ultra sound which showed 1 baby, and that my dates were correct. I see one of my midwives next week and I am curious what she will say.

I have started water arobics again. It has been quite a challeng finding somewhere reasonable to go. The Wayne Gratzky Centre here is Brantford was $6.75 for one session!! I thought that was crazy. This is the only indoor pool in Brantford, so I was feeling pretty stuck for a few days. But I called Hamilton, its $21.75 for a month pass, and that is only 20 minutes away. I thought that was a much better deal, and I am now going twice a week. With Grace I went up until the last month. By the end I was large and tired, and it was also Christmas time so we were very busy getting ready for that. I hope to be able to continue right up to the end with this baby, but I know the end is hard, so I will make a good effort to at least continue until the end of Ooctober.

On the home front, we have had a new friend join the daycare this week. My first boy. He is adjusting to his new friends and surroundings very well. I have 1 full time now, 2 mostly full timers, and a few part time/occassional. Everyone is very understanding about me taking time off with the new baby, but they are all looking forward to when I return to work again in the spring.

Like I promised, the following are a few pictures, of the expanding waist line, and the girls saying "Hi Baby".(even Grace can get something out that sounds very close to that!)














Well thats all for me this week. The week is moving along, and Canada Day is coming soon. Have a good week, and I will post again next week after I see the midwife!!

No comments: