Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy 12th Birthday Angelina

We've had a bit of a build up for sweet Angelina's birthday. She had a semi private horse riding lesson with a friend, we had a dinner party on the weekend with grandparents, and Aunt Kristyn and the kids.

She took it all in stride. She enjoyed each celebration, feeling special, and knowing she was luved.

Today she got to sleep in, received a special necklace from Goran and I (which she luved), and the annual Tim Hortons treat with just Dad.



Today my girl turned 12! She's old enough to babysit, matured enough to see the bigger picture in many situations, and she's getting to the point where she needs more. In the last year I've noticed that she longs for outings, and experiences that we can't always provide.

She wants to visit with friends.  I don't mean, play dolls, or imagination, but hang out, talk, ect. Even with this I implement crafts, swimming, ect, so they are busy, interacting and learning. Often the best times I've had with friends is when I was doing something fun!

In the summer Angelina volunteered for VBS and luved it. What a wonderful opportunity for her in a safe environment, to learn, grow and develop a sense of herself. The youth pastor said Angelina did an amazing job transitioning from 'camper' to 'assistant leader'!

She is branching out and developing friendships, really deciding which ones are important and which ones she let go of. She's worked hard on being kind and generous when others are not always kind to her. I know how hard that is, but its such an amazing quality of hers.

My dearest girl, Angelina, 

.....go forth and live your dreams. Life isn’t as cruel as it seems. Yes, sometimes it’ll be tough. It’ll feel as if you’ve had enough. Stride ahead, shun your fears. For you, we’re always here. Happy birthday.

I luv you my Girl! 
Happy 12th Birthday! 


No comments: