Thursday, November 26, 2015

Halloween Fun 2015

The excitement began REALLY building already at the beginning of the week. I say 'REALLY' because truth be told, the kids started with questions and costume discussions back in September! So last weekend we did some shopping, and decorating, and planning for pumpkin decorating, and a small festive party. 


I let myself get into a bit. (play!)



I worked out a fun craft,



Angelina made cupcakes late into Friday night for our party on Saturday with cousins and a few friends.

It was rewarding in a peaceful way to watch the children talking and laughing with their cousins/friends during the party. I say that because is wasn't all on me. The bigger kids really took on themselves to workout what they would wear, and how they could help. Angelina made the cupcakes. what a relief not to have to worry about that.

Its been almost a month since I started this post. I think Samuel dragged me away to bed, because he is often ready for bed before me, but wants my warmth, and smell, and luv to snuggle up too. And as I know these days are short, I go. Sometimes grumbling and frustrated, but mostly I go, and as we settle down and I'm often asleep shortly after him.

So I was thinking about blogging this Halloween post today actually, and I was drawing on memory to come up with word to jot down with pictures I took that week.

Mostly I remember feeling how things lined up so well, with cousins visiting the day of Halloween, Ang having a friend over, and the cooperation as every crafted and enjoyed muffins, and talked and laughed at the table.

Goran took the kids trick or treating, in their decided costumes :)


Overall a really fun celebration for us.

No comments: