Monday, April 9, 2012

Me and My Weight-loss Journey

As the numbers do not reflect what I wanted to see, I have put this post off. I get frustrated, and angry, and then eat to make myself feel better. Then I begin thinking, that if things are going to be different, I have to do different...what can I do different? I still have goals. I'm still working towards them. But as I'm living life, I realize this is just part of it. Not all of it. I'm not waiting till I see a special number on the scale. I'm raising my children, spending time with my husband, having parties, running every other day, and planting the garden. I'm choosing more and more often the healthy food choices, because honestly, the sugar highs and lows are not all they are cracked up to be.


So an update on goals. I'm running 5km every other day. I'm exercising with my workout videos 2-3 days a week. I've also made a 'do different' decision about food. I've cut out white/processed sugar. Once I get into it, I have such a hard time getting off of it. Its a struggle and I go through withdraw, and just want more and more and more. I'm still following Weight Watchers points, but I've found since I've been cutting out the sugar the desire to eat endless cookies and such is gone.

So an update on my progress. Since January 2nd, I'm down 9.8lb. Almost 10. So close. Its slower then I thought and hoped, but its something. Its almost 10lb. I was 10lb heavier 14 weeks ago.

I realize as I continue on my journey  that if I had been losing the weight I want to loose faster, it wouldn't feel so satisfying to see the numbers I do see today. It feels good to know I am working towards my goals, and I am making this happen. My hard work, eating better, and exercising well, is making this happen. My body is growing stronger, and my desire for the bad food is waning as I eat the good and see the affects it has on me.


This is a journey. My journey. Its not just about weight, I discover.

This is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry that it is only almost 10. Remember... you are also building muscle by working out and running and that this is a permanent lifestyle change. This means that 10 is gone for good. Congratulations!!!

Also... here is some info on why the scale lies that you might find of interest http://findingmyinnerme.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/an-obsession-uncovered

Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.

Mama Mama Quite Contrary said...

I need to adopt your attitude. I also need to cut out the sugar. It really is toxic and so addictive. Thanks for the reminder and good for you!