Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving for us. Moving forward from the pain of all of the past few weeks has been new. Dealing with this and moving forward is new to me. This loss hurts. Talking to others has really helped. Some have been through similar loss and pain, and can empathize, some have not been through anything like this, but as good friends they listen and try to understand, hold my hand, or give a hug. It is healing. It comes to mind less, and less, and hurts less and less. I'm sad when I just let myself feel it. Sad that I am not pregnant. Sad that they tiny baby that was growing deep inside me, has died. Sad that the children won't be able to watch my belly grow, feel that baby kick, and that in April, we won't welcome that baby into our arms. Shortly after all this had ended, Angelina lay her head on my shoulder and said "I'm sad we won't have a baby."

But as I said we were healing, we are. My body is becoming whole again, and I am feeling well. We can go for long walking in the beautiful sunshine blessed on us so late in the year. I can slip the kids in the car and take the girls to ballet or the kids to swimming, and its OK. I'm not exhausted or overwhelmed coming home. I am joyfully beginning to plan ahead, cook meals from scratch, and bake muffins/cookies on a whim for now and/or later. I enjoy bath time and snuggle time again.

And this weekend came with healing balm of its own. My birthday party delayed come too! Friends, GREAT food made by a good friend, smiles, hugs, laughs,candles, cheers, and cake. Goran kept 10+ kids busy so the momma's could just visit.








A trip to the local farm for pumpkin picking, apple picking, hay rides, hay maze, and a corn maze. All 6 of us together, enjoying, smiling and laughing. Coming home to ham in the crock pot, quickly made squash, scalloped taters, apple cider, and warm buns from the oven. More candle light, but now with the man of my dreams and the children I have been blessed to watch grow and keep safe. They luved it. The candle light and apple cider in mugs. Finish with pumpkin pie warm from the oven and topped with whipped cream.

ballet buns.....watch, you'll find more!





i luv the way he is looking at his dad

tiny fingers





'hahaha! Take a picture of my bum'



It has been a beautiful weekend. A healing weekend with my family and friends. A weekend I am truly
thankful for. Company, weather, food, all blessing I am so so thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: