Saturday, April 2, 2011

More

I've been working on it since she was likely 6 months old. Signing, more, milk and all done. 6 or 8 weeks ago she saw me coming out of the shower, and signed milk at me!! Yeah, all my hard work had paid off. She hasn't done it again :( She sits at supper and has this screech if I'm not fast enough.

I sign 'more' and remind her, "No screaming, tell Mommy 'more'."

Goran teases me, "She knows how to get more, she screams at you!"

But it was him who did it. Last night I was eating, feeding her, trying to tell her to sign more, scooping out food for 3 other kids...just general supper craziness.

"Goran can you...?" I let the sentence go and handed him her bowl at the same time.

Screech, screech!

"Klara, do this," he signed 'more' at her. I laughed now. If it was that easy, she'd be doing it by now, right?

The kids joined in.

"Klara like this!" They called to her, all signing in turn. She watched, and Goran continued to feed her, and I was taking her hands and showing her how it was done. Supper continued in this manner for a few minutes. Eating, calling to her, showing her, and feeding her.

I think I saw it 1st. Someone was calling her and showing her. She was gaping at the empty bowl, her little mouth opening and closing for more.

"Do you want 'more' Klara?" Goran asked, signing at the same time.

Its like slow motion in my head. The little fingers all pressed together....hands coming together, her little face turning upward for approval.

"She did it!" I screeched this time. "Did you see her?" I frantically turned my eyes to Goran and the kids in turn, wanting someone else to have seen it.

"Yes." "Yes!" "Yes!" Everyone cried out back to me. Goran was quietly smiling and nodding.

I thought she might forget over night. She hasn't. Breakfast and lunch she has done it for me again.

Concentrating so hard


Yes, Baby, you're doing it!


Persistent to do better.


Do you see it in her eyes? She's signing, but she asking 'more' with her eyes too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute, mine did it too, its amazing

Cathy S said...

awesome job Klara!