Saturday, April 24, 2010

Growing

Things are growing around here! We have planted seeds; beans, pumpkins, and avocado. The avocado's will hopefully become pleasant house plants, and the bean and pumpkins, the kids will watch grow through the spring and summer, and pick as they become ready. It would be nice if we had some nice pumpkins to carve into jack-o-lanterns come October.

As the children point out daily, I am growing as well. 4 weeks to go, and as each day goes by, I am more and more ready to battle birth and win :) Yes, it will be painful, and I won't like it, but it will be really nice to have a baby to hold! An even trade off if you ask me. Grace will tell me things like, "Wow, your belly sure is getting big." Or ask, "Is your baby ready to come out yet?" Angelina has the concept and understand of counting down the time. She knows the baby is coming at the end of May, and is counting down with me. Often at a quiet time of day, I will be sitting or laying, and the children will come and put their little hands on my belly. "Where is the bum? Feet? Head?" they ask. They talk to the baby to try to coax him/her to move, or I will give a nudge so they feel some movement. Their little faces break into a grin, and their eyes twinkle when they feel the baby.

I'm big and awkward right now. I don't 'like' that part to much. I get tired easier, and going for long walks is hard, as it seems I need to be close to a bathroom all the time, and once I really get going those braxton hix pick up, and I feel quit uncomfortable. Sleeping is hard with terrible indigestion, and a painful pelvic region. But for each of these things I find a way to make it work. I arrange 4 pillows at night so I can sleep. I take gaviscon to bed to help with the indigestion. We go for walks, but stay close by, just go around the block 5 times :) and the braxton hix....breath deep, in - out - in - out, I know they are getting me ready. But there are parts I like and will miss. The baby moving, and the kids feeling and watching. My husbands hand giving my belly a rub. Yes, soon its over and those things I will miss.

So I decide to enjoy the day for what it is, and leave the worries in yesterday. I only get today once, and its sunny and beautiful out!!

Today, I will watch things grow :)

No comments: