Saturday, August 2, 2008

Renos......Need I say more?

We are up to our neck in reno's. Its a bit of a bummer to see the space. We had some cracks in the foundation. This encouraged us to knock down dry wall and find them. This has in turn encouraged us to refinish the basement properly. So here we are, the brick fire place is 3/4 gone, bare foundation exposed, plumbing exposed, ceiling gone, a closet is gone, on and on. I keep picturing the end product, and that is keeping me encouraged. It will likely be a good month anyways, maybe 2, but in the end it will be a leak free, clean, dry, fresh space. Renovating has its ups and downs. Specially at the end of the day, I'm tired, and it is that much harder to stay positive. Usually I'm crabby, and all I can see is a big mess. But after a good sleep I can see the bigger picture again. Keep in mind too, that most of my working time is when the kids are sleeping. So in the afternoon, (my drowsy time), and about 9:00-10:30pm sometimes. Those are usually wind down times, but instead I am smashing bricks, lugging bricks, ripping down walls, lugging out stinky moldy drywall....you get the idea. We are almost done demo, and the cracks are going to be fixed hopefully towards the end of next week. Then on weekends we can drywall, and start puttying....yuck.....Anyway, here is some pics for you to get the idea!
Oh, and one more thing, thanx to Cheryl for all your help knocking down that fire place. That was fun!




No comments: