Friday, June 27, 2008

A tooth, and a Check up, and Slap cheek

So, in order of the title,

  1. Bryan's first tooth broke through the gums. Yeah! He is my youngest baby to get a tooth. Angelina was 13 months, and Grace was within a few days of her first birthday. Bryan is a week away from being 7 months. We were sitting at my neighbors house the other day, and he was chomping away on my finger. I pulled my finger out of his moth but as I did, I felt a little something sharp. I had to double check, brushing my finger on it a few times, and finally investigating visually. And there it was, a pearly white poking out. It is the bottom right, and the one beside it is just about through as well. No toothless smiles for him on his first birthday!
  2. Bryan had a long overdue check up last Friday. His weight was 14lb 13oz, and he was 26 1/2 inches long. His weight is on the low side, but he is happy, and healthy, and reaching all his milestone. I did ask the MD if he was concerned about his weight, and he said "No, he is not a skinny baby."
  3. And Slap cheek, or otherwise known as fifth disease. Usually something like this, grumpy moody children, suddenly a high fever along with bright red cheeks. The fever breaks within 24 hours, and the cheeks last a few day. Sometimes they can have a rash as well. Both the girls had it. Grace, first on Sunday, her fever was 103 F, which was scary, but she woke up on Monday, right as rain and happy as could be. Angelina had it Wednesday. Bright Cheeks, high fever, and sleepy. Thursday, she woke up right a rain, and happy as could be. Now I'm waiting for Bryan's turn...

That's it for me, a busy weekend ahead, I'll post again soon.

No comments: