Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!



Well as you can see Bryan found his thumb.....once. I tried a soother just for when I'm having a shower. Because it seems to be every time I get in there, the little guy starts crying, and that turns into screaming within 2 minutes. So one morning I tried it and the soother lasted about about 3 minutes. Well now I don't wake him up and just hop in the shower. He sleeps while I have a few minutes just to myself without any kids and any crying. A great way to start the day. Anyways, I'm not really sure how he found his thumb. I was holding him a few nights ago, and he was fed and changed, and I looked down and saw that he had it! I thought it was great. He could sooth himself when he really needed to. But that was the only time. He hasn't done it since. But it was very cute, him sucking away, making slurpy noises...babies are so cute! Especially mine!


Talking about cute...here are the girls with their snowman that Dad helped them build. This morning we woke up to a beautiful dusting of snow outside. After Goran shoveled out the driveway and the deck, he took the girls out to play. They are always asking for a snowman, so away they went to build a snowman. (Which was nice for me, because that meant I didn't have to take them outside!) They wanted to bring it inside so we brought some snow in the house in a bowl, to show them what happens to snow when you bring it inside! So we are in the middle of that experience now...half snow half water...and Grace wants to feed it to all her babies so there are little clumps of snow all over the playroom floor:)

Oh, and Happy New Year!! We spent the evening here together, and after the countdown, and champagne, kissed all our children and wished them a happy new year too. What a wonderful way to bring in the new year! With each other and our children. And now, before I get all sentimental, I will end my post.

I hope you all had a happy new years, and I wish you the best the year has to offer you!!

No comments: