Tuesday, May 17, 2016

New Post - New Beginnings

I counted months. I counted weeks. I counted days. I counted bus trips. And the last day came with mixed feelings of hope, worry, joy, excitement, and relief. I had made it. The weekend felt surreal, and then Monday morning came. The 1st day of my maternity leave. I woke at 4:30, and lay there thinking about the routine and consistency I had left behind. I eventually went to the couch, because honestly, its hard to get comfortable in bed at this point. My one leg is forever falling asleep, indigestion is terrible and Sam can be a bed hog. Goran got up and rushed around packing a lunch, making breakfast for the commute to work and flew out of the house. I eventually dozed off, and then Sam joined, me on the smaller then bed couch, for cuddles. I thought about the kids, the drivers, and dispatch.

Suddenly it was time to get up, make breakfast, get the day moving for the kids, and me and the plans we had.

It was a day with a slow pace. No rushing. Time to breath in the fresh air, feel the sun, listen to the laughter, watch the learning, read books, bake together, tidy together and remind myself why I have almost 6 kids. Why I luv being a mom, and why I choose to homeschool.






A beautiful quiet afternoon spent by the river with friends, We are taking a break from hand held screens.  So the kids are able to fully enjoy fish hunting, wet feet, a snack by the river, friends, and sunshine, 

Today is day 2, very much like day one, with less mixed feelings and more feeling of contentment, relief and happiness. 

There is so much to say, and so much to catch up on. I missed Sams birthday, and other news, but will catch up in the next few weeks. 

Keep posted! 

No comments: