Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bryan - 6!

This one hit me hard. I don't know why. 6 seems so monumental. I was picking up candles for him, and I had the package in my hand and I realized I would use all the candles in the package. I took a deep ragged breath and wiped the tears from my eyes.

My boy was turning 6!


Bryan, you are growing and maturing! You are testing boundaries, (and testing patience at times!) and discovering cause and effect on a constant basis. You have also decided that reading sounds fun, and since then are well on your way! You know most of the alphabet by site, and are starting to copy words and asking me how to spell things. (like HO HO HO!)

For your birthday you got lots of lego you were able to put together all yourself and you luv. You picked a playmobil boat with fish and a man with a fishing rod (just like Daddy!) that you have spend hours playing will. You got a new spiffy outfit, that you fold carefully, and pick for special occasions.

Bryan, I luv you. My heart soars to see the boy you are, and the boy that continues to emerge. Your heart is good, and kind.

The other day you were on the counter and accidentally broke a new creamer I had just received. I was disappointed and upset, and I was trying to explain to you how I felt and your face crumbled and you started crying. *sigh* I was a bit annoyed now.

"Why are you crying!"

"Because I'm imagining how sad you are that your thing is broken," you replied threw tears. 

My heart melted to see the goodness in you, I scooped you up, and hugged you.

Of all the boys in the world, I'm so glad you are my 6 year old son.

Luv
Mom

No comments: