Thursday, July 11, 2013

Im My Garden - Holding My Breath

The past 2 years, my garden has been a terrible bomb. From pea eating rabbits, to strangely rotting tomatoes still on the plant, it has been one disappointment after another. This year we changed a few things up, and Goran was convinced it would all be ok.

"You'll see!" He said with confidence.

And then (insert swear word here) bunnies got in and ate my peas. Right down to the ground. 3 rows, all in one night. *sigh* I was so discouraged.

But something told inside me to me to get on it with it. So I did. I ripped out those stubby chewed down peas, (really I didn't want to look at it)  and planted, peppers, and lettuce, and broccoli. Swish chard, and carrots (2xs) and I planted tomatoes in pots. Zucchini, and cucumbers, and squash, and onions....

And it has rained, and rained and rained.







HOLY COW!!!

Ive gotten lettuce to eat, and everything else is growing so so well! But I'm kinda holding my breath yet. Every morning when I go out to see, I'm greeted with this flourishing, healthy garden. No wilting tomatoes yet!  

 And now I'm feeling SO confident, I'm going to try to those peas again!! I'm going to plant them, and put chicken wire around them inside the garden!

Wish me luck!

No comments: