Sunday, October 14, 2012

Klara and Milk

Klara was preparing for a bath in toddler hood fashion, running around naked last night. She stopped at one point looking at her nipples and said,

"Milk?"

"Do you have milk?" I asked.

"No!" she laughed. Then pointed at me. "Milk?" Very clearly a question.

"No," I sad, a bit wishfully. "I don't have milk. But when the baby comes Momma will have milk again," I explained to her.

She started laughing. "Me?"

"Do you want milk when the baby comes?" I asked, surprised she remembered.

"YES!" She shouted, laughing at the same time.

"OK," I agreed. "When the baby comes she will share milk with you."

She was laughing and happy and my heart melted.

"Baby come. Me milk!" she declared.


Today she points to the right breast and says, "Baby!" then the left and says, " Me!"

1 comment:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh, sweet Klara. You make me smile!