Thursday, October 18, 2012

Afternoons to Days

It happened unexpectedly. They asked Goran to work days for 'a bit'. One can hardly argue at a newish job so we said yes. We threw away our afternoon shift routine that I had worked so hard to maintain...only to find that the day time routine just happened. Suddenly, less yelling, shouting, rushing, fighting, and stressing. Its amazing. These days we live right now.

The routine falls into place. The wee ones seem to sigh with relief as we get up together, begin the day and work together to the joyful time when Daddy comes home. Daddy comes home to a house smelling of lovely foods, happy kids, and happy well rested wife. Everyone is winning.

I live for this. These days of peace, when it all things flows together. I sigh knowing afternoons will rear its ugly head (yes) again.  I am a bit embarrassed to admit as Goran and I talked one day,  I cried, as I let go of all the stress of months and months of afternoons, and he listened and we talked more about how to make is better next time and plans we can put into motion. It was so good, to feel listened too, heard, and not have to rush through a conversation because, well kids need help, or lunch needs to made, or work is waiting.

So we enjoy these days right now. 


Stopping to watch as the world turn to red and orange and gold.


The luv and bond grow between 2.


Watch them grow,


 learn,


and discover, completely unhindered.


Beautiful days that require nothing but observing, and keeping them safe. Enjoying the smiles and time of youth, and all that the wee ones bring to my life.

Saying I'm blessed and knowing it is one thing. I do know it. I'm blessed in so many millions of ways. But when life is a struggle, days and routines not merging well, its hard to feel it.

Today I feel it. I feel the blessing wash over me, and I am so thankful for this break, this blessing in itself.

Blessing await as wee ones and I prepare for a morning of raking leaves. This will be fun!!

Blessing to you for the day a hand. May there be many you see, know, and feel!

No comments: