Monday, June 4, 2012

In Their Honor

We gathered. Ballet mom's and dad's. Some grandma's and grandpa's and neighbors and friends. We brought plastic covered treats and tupperware containers of  more treats. We talked nervously as they practiced one last time.


We filed in and found seats. The room hushed.

I sat in silence at magic unfolded before my eyes.


My camera lay forgotten in lap for a bit as watched in aw.

The concentration.


The dedication.


The beauty.


I finally remembered my camera in my lap, and picked it up, snapping what I could between the tears that kept slipping out of the corners of  my eyes and sliding silently down my cheeks.

The opportunity to raise them, luv them, watch them, and be part of their lives.

Oh what a blessing

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love seeing the concentration on their faces - so glad you managed to capture a few of the moments on camera :)