Monday, January 30, 2012

A Bug & Monday Check In

I had written a great post yesterday. I was just waiting for the perfect moment to take a few pics, go threw them, pick and upload. Suddenly the morning was afternoon and it was time to head off to a party. Off we went, posting waiting on the screen for me to get home.

We partied. It was an odd afternoon. Bryan and Klara refused to eat, and Klara threw a major fit. Screaming, crying, flopping on the group, the whole shebang. I was watched the snow fall outside the window thinking about the roads, and thinking we should go home as tired baby screamed at me, and flailed in my arms. Finally Goran did the 'go home sign' (every couple as one, right?) and we packed up the kids and buckled seat belts. The roads were slick, and even on the 400 highway things were slow. And they got slower. It was getting darker and the red brake lights got thicker. After about 5 minutes on the road we were stopped. Oh boy. This was not the worse of it.

As we were wondering what the hold up was, there was a wrenching noise from the very back.

"Bryan just threw up!" volunteered Angelina. Why did she sound almost excited?

We inched along, passed back Kleenex and listened to the poor boy wrench again and again. The roads were covered in snow. We were surrounded by others who were stuck, just like us. A police car passed on the shoulder, rushing somewhere off ahead of us.

I text a friend. She checked the government website and text back that they have closed the 400 highway due to collisions. We are inching along only to get off at the next exit. *sigh*

It gets worse.

Klara wrenched and joined Bryan in the party of sick. We were stuck. Other then knowing they are OK, breathing with no obstructions, we had no choice but continued the slow ride home and get them home for cuddles and baths. (But in the other order)

After an hour and half long ride, we pull into our beautifully snow covered street and I wondered why we didn't have this snow Christmas day. (Its normally a 20 minute drive)

It was an evening of bathing, washing, snuggles, milk, early tuck ins, and my tummy beginning to turn. My post was put aside.

The night saw the other 2 join the crowd of sick in the house.

Lots of long hot baths,

even sick she is cute

TV,  beside buckets, napping, ginger ale,

they luv that show but I don't get it...

I remember these days on the couch cuddled under the same blanket with sisters

crackers all day long....

and the washing machine going and going and going.

laundry all day long...and the now clean car seats
Check In
 
For my check in....hummmm....

I'm up .4 of a lb. I'm not devastated. I had a few to many cookies, and was 'sloppy' with my points. I worked out 6 times, and that felt good. I hoped it would all even out...but kinda knew it wouldn't.

I will be more diligent about points, and maybe not make cookies with week. Making cookies and having them in the house is to hard. I'm going to try to add in an hour work out on Thursday afternoon, and instead of 1/2 hour or 45 minute on Tuesday morning, make it and hour as well. I've done an hour the last 2 Sundays, and luv it. I'm going to keep that up. So that make 3 1 hour workouts, and 4, 30-45 minute work outs depending on which I choice. It feels good to move, and feel the muscles complaining. I know that means they are getting stronger, and leaner, and making me more shapely - in a different (more attractive) way then I was.

I'm a bit disappointed, not completely surprised, but certainly not discouraged. I lost 5.2lb in 4 weeks! That is great! If I can keep that up, I will be at my goal in another 16 weeks!! That's amazing!! Its not about perfection, its about continuing to move forward!

I will do this!

Does anyone want to run with me come March? I am thinking to change things up it might be nice and to run Sunday mornings......

I have not picture of me this week, but next week!

3 comments:

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

I really do not like toopy and binoo, ugh...from the babysitting days - awful show:)

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Ugh. Praying it all passes quickly and that you and Goran are spared! Glad you're able to be home with them and take it easy. And I totally agree about Toopy & Binoo. The other one that grates on my nerves is BubbleGuppies and I swear they play it every five minutes.

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Thankful for washable car seat covers!

I don't know what it is about Toopy and Binoo but my tots love it too when they're allowed to watch it :)