Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Arts

This homeschooling thing is my thing. I luv watching them grow and change before my eyes. They 'get' new concepts, I get to see the firsts, and the pride they have in accomplishments. Academically and the others.  I can not believe how much growth has happened in the last 3 months. I have to stand back sometime and remind myself, these are the years! The years they are growing and developing into the people they will become. And I get to have the front row seat!!

So this year we are expanding into some arts. Private art lessons with a teacher, ballet lessons with a homeschool group, and piano lesson with Nana.

They are luving these things, and I luv that they luv it!

Piano - the girls are in lesson, and teach him on the side!


Art Lessons - a good friend use to teach art at high school!


water colors - the sky!

Ballet - the last class of the session.


class photo with the teacher!
flowers for their 1st 'recital' (the wall paper behind their is gone today, i'll post pics once its painted!)

Peek-a-boo - and little miss is learning the fine art of peek-a-boo during ballet.


peek.....
a-boo! (they did this all on their own, no staging!)

That's all I have in me. We've been painting the kitchen and front entry way which leads to late nights, and small ones lead to early morning which = exhaustion! We have 2 birthdays in the next week and a funeral tomorrow for my dads brother.

As I finish this post my oldest practices piano behind me...and I luv it!

1 comment:

Cathy S said...

Oh Kathryn they are blossoming so much! I love the art class and the ballet! And I can't wait to have a personal piano recital with them <3 (((hugs))) to you all!