Friday, February 25, 2011

Mr Skeleton


"Its not Bryan, my name is Mr. Skeleton," Bryan told me earlier today.

My quest to not forget, so I'm jotting it down. I want to hang onto all these moments, cute, sweet, funny, things they say now, and remember them forever.

He has this great Halloween shirt, that glows in the dark. He loves it. Doesn't realize its just meant for Halloween, and wears it as soon as it is out of the laundry (he has tried getting it dirty out of the wash and wearing it...telling me it was really 'clean'). A few weeks ago we were at a friends house and her son (a year and 1/2 older then Bryan) has scary glow in the dark pirate skeleton costume. He was putting it on, Bryan watching thinking it was very fun. It came to the mask part (frightening for me) and when he put it on, Bryan covered his face with his hands and stepped back, frightened. "No," he said hesitating, almost whispering. "Take it off."

I was happy for a moment. Oh, my son doesn't like it, good, I thought to myself. Scary skeleton costumes are not something I will have to deal with for Halloween.

The older boy took it off, reveling himself, and letting Bryan see it was him. I reassured Bryan as well, telling him it was still Johny under there, it was just as mask.

Well that did it. Bryan's fear turned to excitement and laughter, and shortly my son was the one running around with a scary, glow in the dark skeleton mask on!!

And now, Mr Skeleton lives in my house, not my sweet little Bryan.

No comments: