Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February

Its February. Its cold. The days are short. Vitamin D is low for everyone. I'm tired. The days seem long. We are stuck indoor most days, as it is often below -10C. It seems we do the same thing day after day.

But something is changing.

I can feel the warmth of the sun. Suddenly I noticed its light a bit longer. Its not quit as cold as was. We get outside a few times a week and the kids run and play on the side walk, crunching ice, and jumping in icy cold puddles. The sun feels good on my face. I open the big wooden door for a bit and let the sun shine pour through the front door in the afternoon.

Spring is coming. In its soft slow way, the earth is warming, the birds are coming back, and spring is coming. Rubber boots, light jackets, Easter eggs hunts, and baby animals. New things to learn, freshness for everyone.

I am so thankful I can see the signs that spring is coming :)

No comments: