Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baby # 4

Goran pointed out the other day that I will have to change the title of my blog :) Yes, the rumors are true, baby # 4! I am about 19 weeks, and a bit in disbelieve!! I have wanted a big family for along time, and its just happened....and so hard to believe that is about 5 months, 5 will become 6!!!

This wasn't a surprize or a ops. None of our children have been a surprize. We have been blessed, and smiled upon from up above. It seems every time we talk about 'another one' we are pregnant shortly. We've had our hurts, as we have lost a few early on in the game. Its painful, and disappointing, and I am angry at my body for failing me. But life does go on, and there has always been a health pregnancy shorty after.

It doesn't matter how many pregnancy's I have, the whole thing seem so miraculous to me. I read weekly how my baby is growing and developing, how my body is changing to make room and nourish the new life I'm carrying. My body is even preparing to care for my baby once its born! I understand that at this point the baby can hear, and is becoming more aware of the noises out here! (I just asked Kristyn yesterday if baby could hear) I can feel baby moving more and more. She/he is a busy little one. Last night as Goran and I were laying in bed I felt baby moving, and felt a fairly strong kick (remember baby is only 7 ounces). I quickly put
Goran's hand on my tummy. "Wow!" he said. Its always so special to me when he feels our baby moving for the first time. With Bryan I was 24 weeks before he felt anything, so this seems so early.

Me and the little ones went to see my midwife today. I have a new midwife as Sylvia is out of country. So we have Sarah, and she is great! I have been discussing with Goran having an unassisted birth and he is not totally comfortable with it, but he would do it if I really wanted. The reasons I want to go unassisted are just preference, and wanting to be able to feel uninhibited. Don't get me wrong, my birth with Bryan was great, but I remember feeling annoyed by things. Strangers in the room (my back up ended up being someone I had never met) whispering, and those annoying rubber gloves. I mean, I know if I had said something those things would have stopped, but that is really the last thing on a laboring mothers mind. Its just there, bugging you....Anyways we discussed my preference of having midwives in the house but not necessarily in the room. We discussed the monitoring that they have to do by standard, which seems reasonable, but in the most part, she is willing to work with me, so that I am happy in the end. I'm happy about this. Its good to know that if I need them, for hemorrhaging, or baby resuscitating they are there, but otherwise they will let me be.

So here are some pics Angelina took during the apt today.

1. My blood pressure


2. Talking with Sarah


3. Listening to baby #4


4. Bryan listening and resting on my belly(seems to be a fetish of his...lol)

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

We can't wait to meet our newest cousin!!

What a great idea to take pics during your midwife appointment - that's something I wish I had done :)

Praying for a complication-free pregnancy and a smooth and beautiful birthing day.

Much love, Kristyn