Saturday, July 25, 2015

July Camping

It was a giant build up getting here. So much anticipation. There was SO MUCH work to do. (As you can imagine!) 

But we did it! The kids worked with me, packing clothes, washing dishes, sitting with sleeping Sam, everyone did their part. 

Driving here tonight with 5 + a friend I said "let's not worry about time, or the clock. Let's just do all the good stuff till we r done." 

So we went for a moonlit swim. It was magical and enchanting. Sam hugging my neck in the water, the girls laughter rippling across the lake, and Bryan eying to catch up. 

And then we were struggling to put our clothes on, the mosquitoes were everywhere, and it stung and hurt and we were slapping and there was crying and I was cursing to myself in my head for such dumb idea...

Fast forward 2 hours, these babies had campfire with s'mores and no mosquitoes and are now quietly breathing sleepiness, goodness and peace. 

I hear the campfires, smell the woodsmoke, and feel peaceful and grateful. 

No comments: