Saturday, November 10, 2012

Tiny Trouble

Its been a busy week full of fun around here. Tears, anxiety, and honestly, I glad its over. Its one of those things you never stop to think about.....

Tuesday was shaping up to be a busy day. Gymnastics, and midwife, and home for a nap....it will all work out well.

We were rushing around, grabbing hats, zipping zippers, oh Duke needs out! Out he goes, quick to the van, buckle up.....barking dog....that's not right???

I ran to the back door,

"Come here Duke!"

"Woof Woof!"

"Grrrrr! Hisssss! Grrrrr!"

"Woof woof woof!"

Hummmmm, somethings not right here.....

I went up the steps in a hurry. Didn't that dog understand I was late?!

AHHHHHH!! A raccoon!

Yelling for Duke to to get away and in the house and a bit of advancing did the job as Duke went running in.

I told that raccoon to go home!!

I let the wee ones have a peek from behind the fence, and then off we went. It was a funny story I shared throughout the day.....


Wednesday was  shaping up to be another busy day. I got up and dressed to work out. Duke was begging to go out and I opened the back door. As I turned around to go in the playroom I heard familiar barking and hissing and growling. 


Investigating lead me to believe the sweet creature thinks under my trailer is a good place to live :( I didn't feel the same way.


I spent the morning trying to call places that were closed. We rushed off to CHIRO and ballet, only to come home and find the raccoon frolicking in my backyard. I was frustrated beyond believe. I live in the city! I shouldn't have wild animal trouble! Oh goodness!! I watched and couldn't believe how at home this fellow seemed. He hissed at me, but otherwise I didn't seem to bother him at all.I noticed his eyes seemed a bit mucousy and behavior weird for sure.


While finally on the phone with SPCA, she was addressing my concerns, discussing weird behavior, when I noticed bleeding on his backside.

My heart sank a bit. That was odd. That is not a good sign.

She promised to sent someone over shortly. 


Tears and tears for Angelina as she so badly wanted this to be our new pet. I tried to explain that I was quiet certian he was sick and needed help we couldn't give him. She cried only that much harder.


An officer did indeed showed up shortly and after a quick check determined the poor little fellow was quit sick, and agree it wasn't worth the risk of having anyone (watching from the window) bitten. 


Then there was concern for the dog, and making such vaccines where up to date. Since Oliver was going in the next day, the agreed to squeeze Duke in too.


So a long trip to the vet with 2 pets, 4 kids, and a tired momma. It was thankfully a clean bill of healthy for both pets and the vet had no concerns about the sick raccoon passing on his illness.


A sigh of relief.



Thankfully its Saturday, everyone is well, and the days been good to us.

No comments: