Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving, Me and the Wee Ones

As this holiday approached, we talked, and crafted and planned. I would not chose to spend Thanksgiving with out hubby/daddy, but with little choice in the matter, I decided to make is special for the ones here.











I wanted to teach them, so although we missed daddy, they learned something, and had fun this weekend.  So we watched a  quick movie about the 1st Thanksgiving. It talked a about the first pilgrims who traveled across the ocean, cold and hungry, only to arrive to a new land that was cold and snow covered. It talked about how the Indians were friendly and shared their food, and knowledge, and by the following Autumn the pilgrims were ready for winter with food stored away.

I was thinking of all the things I have. While I sat there among my babes. I was never hungry, and I didn't have to worry about my children going hungry, or about simply keep them warm and sheltered.

When the movie ended I tried to spark a bit of a conversation with these said babes, and I got "Mom, why are you crying?"

I tried to explain that I was happy. Happy for the wonderful things I had. Grateful that I didn't have to worry about things, and that I wasn't crying because I was sad, more because I was happy. I think I got, "Mom, you don't need to cry!"

So we moved on to listed about what they were thankful for, and baking for dinner.





Dinner was sweet, with grape juice in glasses, and frozen corn from Nana's garden.








After dinner it was after 8 so we wrapped it up with stories in pjs and tuck ins.

It was peaceful and quiet, and I had time to be grateful for all I have. Not only my wee ones, but family and friends near and far, and freedom, and shelter, and all that is good.

As I come to the end, I hear that Daddy is home with cries from the smallest one.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.




No comments: