Monday, January 9, 2012

Six


For my dearest sweet Grace turned 6 yesterday. The excitement was there! Twinkling in her eyes, slipping across her shy smile, and overall glowing off her face! She greeted the day with a smile and lapped up the hugs and kissed and happy birthdays. From all around her family! Her breakfast of choice would not have been my choice and I think I sensed a hint of rebellion in her eyes as she ate. (Either was lunch my choice, - Kraft dinner - but has hubby said, if that's the treat of choice, they are being fed GOOD food other wise!)



A trip with daddy to the store, and guests arriving just for her!  O the shyness, the hand holding and the way she looked for security.

How my Grace has grown in the past year! She is swimming, and reading, and dancing. She can concentrate forever, and as she is reading up on babies in the Baby Encyclopedia I think she knows more about babies then I do!


First's. She had some first's this year. First ballet lesson, sleep over for Saint Nick at Nana and Paka's, and the first time dealing with death of some one she luved. (Nana's dog Amber and our loss of our unborn baby.) All of these things she learned leaps and bounds, asked all the right questions, and nodded her understanding during explanation. She smiled and rocked the baby of a dear friend to sleep, and continues to carry her real baby around that she got for her birthday last year. Introducing her to friends and family taking her to bed, and 'nursing' her.

she was so proud
 She has energy and a thirst for knowledge. I didn't 'teach' her to read in the traditional way. I exposed her to books, and some simple alphabet games. Her thirst for knowledge got her there. Reading ANY picture book from the library, and any words she finds in public, on my iphone, and in instructions. 

Oh my Grace. I take pictures, and lock away these years in my heart. It goes by so fast, and the more I try to hang on, the faster it goes. You change and grow. Compassion, slyness, kindness, and sweetness. All wrapped into one.

Happy Birthday my Girl!! Momma luves you!!


the luv of sisters

cousins!

cake time

trying to get a picture of the wee ones together....-not so much!

No comments: