Thursday, January 5, 2012

Accept (ing)

New Years week has been one filled with routine. It was a bit tough to get into it. My poor boy was lost on Monday when everyone went to their jobs, and felt lonely and like he had no one to play with. But by today, 4 days later, everyone fell into the routine right after breakfast. The girls quickly found there places with books open at the table, and Bryn found his place at the picnic table drawing his pics. Klara found a quiet spot to read a book we had read the night before. The house was quiet and I was able to do the breakfast  dishes without interruption. And once the work was done, the girls bounced down from their chairs and Bryan waited patiently to play. Klara followed behind and slipped down the steps backward to join the play.

"ROAH" she says in her wee voice.

I treasure these moments in my heart.

look at those people he is drawing!

I am so so thankful for routine.

Accept

From One Word Three Sixty Five I have picked MY word for 2012. I have linked the site and and will link my blog to it too.

But my word. Accept. I am accepting, I am trying and learning and reminding myself to accept. Accept what I can do.

Accept that I will try as hard as I can  but sometimes I will fail. Accept that sometimes I will succeed!

Accept the hard times, because them make the good time better!

I will stop fighting the things I can't do, and accept the things I can do.

I can be a good mom. I can be a good teacher. I can be a good friend. I can be a good daughter. I can luv, and laugh, and try, and move forward. Accepting. My word for 2012.

I will try to post once a week about my journey through accepting.

Celebrating

A wee celebration for my dear Grace as she turns 6 on Saturday. Celebrating with friends that can't be here on Saturday. The shy smile she gets when the attention is on her. She is happy and excited, but keeps it inside, except the smile.


that sweet smile
 Whats your word of the year?



1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

What an insightful (and challenging) word to choose for 2012. I didn't realize there was an actual organized blog/event behind it! May God bring you great peace and contentment as you journey through the year to come <3