Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Change of Plans - Life Style Change Check In

We had big plans today. Getting up early and heading out to a friends with a friend...it was going to be a great day. As I woke up Angelina, she says,

"I don't feel well. My head hurts, my throat is sore and my tummy aches."

I was wondering if we should stay home as I have been fighting the same cold. Well, my mind was made up in an instant.

Sweet Grace warmed up Angelina's bean bag for her while she snuggles under the covers for an extra lay in bed.

The sky is dark, and the ground is wet. *sigh* Wondering what I can do to brighten up the prospects of the day at hand. Play dough is always a good one...

But first a few updates.

Check In

I've made some changes again. That's what its all about. Changing things up so they keep working. So I cut my calories, still eating well, but cutting down on sugar and carbs, and increasing veggies and fruit. My body liked this. I worked out hard, and ran hard for the last 2 weeks. I dropped 8lb. Finally a big change. I'm feeling good about it and eager to see more change :)  I'm sure that the last 4 months have contributed to all of this. Cutting calories and running and exercising in 2 weeks didn't do this. I'm happy I've made these changes in my life. For my healthy, and well being.

This cold I've stumbled onto has slowed things down a bit, but I'm still running and being careful about calories. One step at a time. I will get there.

I'm down 14 lbs , in 18 weeks, and I am running 3 xs a week, and exercising with in-home videos 2-3xs a week.


I can zip up this lovely skirt, and am looking forward to wearing it with ease for Klara's birthday party.

Recapping the Last Few Days

After dental surgery, I needed a few days to recover. I needed my rest, and Saturday was one of those days I didn't do much. I rested, while children played, and read stories, and napped, and watch a long movie.

Sunday brought around a better feeling of wellness and I packed up the kids and I and all our bikes for a bike ride on a local trail. I wish I had taken a picture of the girls in front of me as we biked. They biked side by side, talking and chatting like old friends do. It was so so sweet.

Bryan and Klara hung out in the trailer, talking and reading books and pointing things out to each other. I luv watching the friendships develop with my wee ones.

We stopped for a picnic lunch.They ran in the big open spaces, and climbed, and helped, and laughed. It was good to feel the breeze, and the sun, and move our blanket from the shade to the sun for the warmth.






We nipped off to the library Monday night, after I rested most of the day again. That cold knocked me down. (And maybe, just maybe I did a bit to much the day before?) I rested, drank tea, napped, and licked good honey off my spoon. It was wet and rainy so there was little outside time for anyone. By 5:00 p.m. the wee ones were at each other, and we all needed OUT.

We don't go to the main branch often, but they do luv the space, and isle of books, and toys.






By the time we go home it was 9ish and there was a rush for PJ's and teeth and off to bed.

As I finish this, the day has somehow disappeared and my plans of having this up early morning, with it. Its night. The sky is dark and twinkling with star. After a lazy afternoon, most of us got a burst of energy, picked up the house together and headed outside for a walk and backyard time. We dug around in the garden and did a wee bit of planting. Angelina helped me dig trenches and plant some new seeds, so fingers crossed she is on the mend!

instragram
Now the house is still and quiet, as the wee ones breath softly in sleep. My heart is at peace, and I go to slip under my covers to let sleep claim me :)

No comments: