Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter Mania!!!

The movie is out, the book is out, and its all whirling around in my head!! I luv Harry Potter! I started the books maybe 5 years ago, and since then have bought the last 3 books the day they came out. And each time I have bought a book, I've been pregnant! The last 3 movies I've seen, have all been while I was pregnant too! My sister in law, Kristyn and I went on the weekend to see the movie, and it was fabulous! But before I went to her house I was at Shoppers Drugmart at 9:30am, getting a copy at the newest and last book for 40% off. So far I am about half way though, and it is really good. I know its the last one, so I am trying to read slowly and savour it. I don't get caught up in to may books anymore, but Harry Potter, is just one of those books!

Well, I am are 22 weeks on Tuesday July 24. On the the 26th, I have 4 months until my due date! Baby is more and more active every day. Sometimes I can give my belly a poke and Baby kicks me back! I remember that with Grace and I loved it. Already he/she is responding to the outside world! From my reading material I understand that in the next week or so Baby can hear sounds and voices from outside my belly, and will begin responding to them as well! My belly is losing some of that extra "fat" that I had picked up at the beginning of my pregnancy, and the skin is starting to stretch. My tummy itself feels harder, I suppose, because my uterus is growing and taking up the space. Over all I feel really good. I am sleeping well, with only a few wake ups during the night, if Grace calls out for me, or mother nature calls for a trip to the bathroom.

I have been busy reading birth stories online. I find it so inspiring to read and watch other woman's experiences. Especially the women who labor for hours and hours, 16-24 hours, and stay home and have a natural labor and delivery. I read a quote today that went something like this "We have a secret in out culture. It is not that labor is painful, it is that women are strong." It was empowering, and comforting! Reminding me that I am not alone in my quest for a natural birth. I'm not crazy. There are good solid reasons for wanting this, and doing this. I'm glad I came across that today.

At home here Angelina went over to a friends house to play for the first time today! A big step for her (and me). She had a great time, and was not ready at all to come home when I went to pick her up.
Gracey has joined the world of sleeping in a big bed! She is now sleeping with Angelina. She is great at nap time, but night time is a bit of a struggle keeping her in there long enough to fall asleep. On well, all in good time!

I have a midwife apt. next week. I will be sure to post after that, with any updates, and general wellness of the whole visit. I always look forward to them!
We will be going camping to the Sandhills, on the weekend! I am so looking forward to it! I went just about every year as a child, and had so much fun. I am looking forward to taking the kids and letting them have fun! I will be sure to take lots of pics!

Well I had beter go an savour my book some more. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, it is so neat to read and follow along with your pregnancy!! I love it, as I read it lots of good happy emotions well up within me!! What a great idea to blog this wonderful experience!! I look forward to reading and learning, as hopefully one day I will have children of my own!! And as you are the second women I know that has gone through widwives, I think it will be the route I will take one day! Take care see you on the next visit home...
Amy (the normal Bayliss!!)